Saturday, September 17, 2011

Summer Institute

I really enjoyed the summer institute.  All of the speakers were amazing Sharon Sundueng shared many interesting stories and information about the colonist that I can't wait to share with My students.  Some things I had never heard before.  Anthony Fitzpatrick was as always awesome.  I love his enthusiasm and he always has great information to share.  I really loved Dennis Denenberg, he had many great "Hero Ideas" to share and he was very fun to watch and listen.  I loved his book and my students are loving it also.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Suzy,

    I also enjoyed the "Heroes" materials. I have already incorporated the idea a bit into my classroom. I replaced the cartoon characters representing our character traits with heroes, many of whom are in the book Dennis gave us.

    I see that Yvonne wrote about the Great Chain of Being. I found that information interesting as well. I know I will share some of the notes I took with my students. I love that we get to learn so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Suzy,
    I also enjoyed Dennis' presentation on bringing American heroes into the classroom. In fact, I have already created several puppets to guide my students through the units. I have Chief Powatan for our Amerindian unit, John Smith for the colonies, and others. I was really inspired by his passion for bringing heroes from both past and present into the classroom.

    ReplyDelete